Sunday, June 15, 2008

STEVE COLEMAN


www.m-base.com
www.allaboutjazz.com

I really don't know much about Steve Coleman. He's someone I just found out about and will definitely be looking into a little more. He is a saxophonist and composer and has been an huge influence on contemporary jazz. He began the group Steve Coleman and The Five Elements in 1981.

If you've been to this blog before, you know I'm not one for giving a long bio on my sax players. I just give you the links and let you read what I would just repeat. I just like introducing you to them, giving you a little taste and letting you decided for yourself if this is your kind of sax appeal. I will tell you that the link to allaboutjazz.com has the best read-up on Steve Coleman and m-base.com is their official website.

It took me just a little while to find a video that got right to the point of showing Steve Coleman playing the sax but this is a good one. Sorry if I offend anyone but I really don't get the chick on stage "dancing". Bounce the babe and just do the jazz. :-D

No comments: