Thursday, March 13, 2008

DARRON MCKINNEY

http://www.myspace.com/darronmckinney
http://www.shieldrecords.com


Someone to look out for, Darron McKinney. I just "discovered" him (smile) on a website I recently joined, Smooth Jazz Space. If you're a jazz lover I recommend you run over and join this growing site.

Darron McKinney is a police officer for the Detroit public school District. He's worked with artists Roy Ayers, Betty "BEBOP" Carter, Joe Sample, Cuba Gooding Sr, Regina Belle, Mikki Howard and Waymen Tisdale. For more about Darron McKinney check out his bio on his website.

McKinney caught the attention of people nationwide when he gave a riveting performance of his original song, "A Call to Courage," at the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial candlelight vigil on May 13, 2001, in Washington, D.C. The song was a tribute to slain police officers and their families.

Well, it caught my attention to and I think his talent worthy of giving a shout out to and passing along for anyone reading to hear. The clip below is of his original song A Call To Courage. I hear a little sax appeal, don't you?

No comments: