Friday, January 4, 2008

GROVER WASHINGTON, JR.

(December 12, 1943 - December 17, 1999)

http://www.groverwashingtonjr.com
www.sonymusic.com



Grover Washington, Jr. is a name I've known for a long time. I knew of Grover Washington, Jr. before he became a part of one of my favorite Jazz groups Urban Knights and before he became instrumental in helping the group Pieces of A Dream become internationally known.

We lose many great artists for one reason or another. Grover Washington Jr had just finished taping four sessions for The Early Show for CBS in New York, he collapsed in the green room. He suffered a massive heart attack.

If you think you don't know who he is or have never heard him, just listen to some of his music that I'm sure you've heard and I'm sure you'll say, "Is that him!!?"

Grover will be missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! All really great stuff, you should check this guy out if you're looking for smooth jazz. He's based in the UK but gets most of his radio play in California. Hope you like it and keep up the groovy work!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You forgot to tell me the guy's name! LOL!

Shelia said...

I am the youngest of three and my brother (who was the oldest) used to play Grover Washinton's "Mr. Magic" so much that I didn't start liking Grover Washington again until I became an adult.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you warmed back up to him. I like Grover.