Sunday, June 15, 2008

EDDIE HARRIS


(October 20,1936 - November 5, 1996)

www.eddieharris.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Harris

Eddie Harris was best know for playing tenor sax but before playing sax he first played the vibraphone in school and due to a teacher had to play the clarinet before he was allowed to play the sax. You might want to know the man also played piano and was proficient with each instrument.

Back in one of my first few posts I mentionted that I was introduced to jazz thanks to my father and my brother who is still a fan. To be honest, I didn't know the name Eddie Harris when I heard it but I sure as heck knew this one in the video clip below! This is the jazz I grew up on.



And then having heard that one I had to post this which is another I'm very familiar with. Eddie Harris and Les McCann - Compared to What. I did a post on Les McCann on my other blog.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

dang a new one , rats

lol
thanks foer the fathers day wishes

Anonymous said...

LOL! You're very welcome. :-)