Thursday, June 19, 2008

MICHAEL LINGTON


http://www.michaellington.com/

There are many types of jazz and I hope I'm presenting a little bit of each style. This is for the contemporary jazz fans.

Michael Lington is someone very new to me, just heard him for the first time when adding him as a friend on my MySpace page. I took a listen and this someone I definitely thought was worth adding in my list of musicians with sax appeal. Smooth, easy and saxy.

Quoting from his biography on his website: "Michael Lington has demonstrated his contemporary saxophone chops with a steady stream of chart-toppers since his debut album in 1997. His CD, Stay with Me, yielded three Radio & Records national jazz hits with “Show Me” at # 2; “Two of a Kind” at # 2; and “Pacifica” at # 6. Stay With Me also remained on the Billboard contemporary jazz chart for a total of 24 weeks. “Twice In a Lifetime” and “Sunset” from Vivid; and “Still Thinking of You” from Lington’s Everything Must Change all went Top 5 as well. His duet with Bobby Caldwell on “Tell It Like It Is” from his self-titled debut, ascended both the jazz and adult contemporary charts."

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

stop stumping me will ya, have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

LOL! Thanks. You have a great weekend too! :-)