Monday, June 9, 2008

DEWEY REDMAN


(05/17/1931 - 09/02/2006)

Wikipedia.com
European Jazz Network

I learned something new today in jazz. While looking for more jazz saxophonists I have not heard of before, I came across Dewey Redman. Anyone who is already a huge jazz fan is probably shaking their head at me wondering how I never heard of him before. I've got no excuse. In reading about him I discoverd he is the father or one of my favorite saxophonists Joshua Redman. He's played with Ornette Coleman for a few years and another few years with Keith Jarrett. He's also performed and recorded with Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny.

I could only find a few video clips of Dewey Redman so enough text and on to the sample of his sax appeal. You can check out more information about this tenor saxophonist at the links above.

No comments: