Friday, January 11, 2008

AHMAD ALAADEEN

http://www.myspace.com/alaadeen
http://www.alaadeen.com



I can't tell you how much of a learning experience this has been for me and how many great saxophonists I've been introduced to since starting this blog.

I just "discovered" Ahmad Alaadeen this morning and though this isn't my usual preference in style of jazz this man definitely has sax appeal. The sad thing is I could only find one video clip of him so after you view the clip please hit a couple of the links to sample his saxiness. The MySpace link will pull you in with instant music so I suggest that link first.

From a biography on AllAboutJazz.com:

Alaadeen, who is equally skilled and original on tenor and soprano saxophones, has made a major impact on the Kansas City jazz scene ever since he settled in K.C. in the early 1970s. He has the ability to caress melodies with a great deal of warmth, yet is never shy to stretch himself and take chances, pushing the music forward. He is heard at his very best on his recent 'ASR release And The Beauty Of It All.


No comments: