Monday, June 9, 2008

JOHN HALEY "ZOOT" SIMS


(10/29/1925 - 03/23/1985)

Wikipedia.com


I've heard the name "Zoot" Sims for a long time though he wasn't someone I was particularly knowledgeable of, if I heard the name, I knew it was jazz. Zoot Sims played tenor and soprano sax. He played with famous bands and musicians such as Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Stan Kenton, and Buddy Rich. Unfortunately I didn't find much information on Zoot Sims which is rather sad but I found plenty of video clips so this will be a two video post. What I lack in information I will make up for in a little smooth and sultry, old classic and sexy sax appeal.



This is romantic music. I can easily close my eyes and imagine it's just after a quite dinner by candelight, we're sharing a bottole of wine when he pulls me up into his arms, I rest my head on his chest and we slowly move to the music as we get lost in this mellow, jazzy melody...

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u got me
never heard of him

Anonymous said...

Torrance - Then I'm glad I did the post on him. :-)

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long links with AdFly and receive dollars from every click on your short links.